Silvan Canyon Estates – Lot 6 of Block D (C-27161)
What are trust lands?
Trust lands are parcels of land granted by Congress to Utah at statehood to support specific beneficiaries, including public schools, universities, hospitals, and reservoirs. Trust lands are not public lands, but are generally open for public use, when possible. Trust lands were allocated specifically to generate revenue to support our beneficiaries. SITLA currently manages 3.3 million surface acres on behalf of our beneficiaries.
ONLINE BIDDING INFORMATION:
Bid Start Time for this Parcel: 9:10am MDT, June 20, 2024
Bid End Time for this Parcel: 10:10am MDT, June 25, 2024
- To register as a bidder or to place a bid, please see box to the right.
The closing costs are in addition to the 10% down payment. All other closing costs are due from the prevailing bidder at the auction and cannot be financed.
|Cultural Resources Survey:
|Legal Advertising Cost:
|Sale Processing Charge:
The net proceeds from the sale of this property will be deposited into the permanent fund for the beneficiary of Public Schools.
Township 39 South, Range 8 West, SLB&M
Section 18: Lot 6, Block D, Silvan Canyon Estates Subdivision
This parcel is located in the Silvan Canyon Estates Subdivision, approximately 20 miles from SR9, near East Zion.
Access is from the Kane County North Fork Road. Enter the North Fork County Road at East Zion off Highway SR9, then travel approximately 19 miles north until you get to the Orderville Canyon Road, then travel south and east 1.3 miles to the lot.
This subdivision was developed in the 1970’s, but only a few lots have been sold. Many lots are owned by Trust Lands. The topography of this lot is partially flat to moderately sloping, with beautiful views from all directions.
1.04 acre, more or less
No water rights will be conveyed with this sale. For information regarding availability of water in the area, please contact the Utah Division of Water Rights.
No utilities are on site.
Zoning is approved through the Silvan Canyon Estates Subdivision
Financing will be offered for this parcel at a variable interest rate of prime plus 2.5% or 7.5%, whichever is greater. A down payment of 10% and closing costs will be due at the auction. The remaining balance can be financed for up to a 20 year term.
During the time when the property is being financed (before a patent is issued), the county records will show the property as state trust lands with notices being sent in care of the purchaser.
Mineral Lease Encumbrances:
Surface Lease Encumbrances:
Cultural Resource Covenant:
A cultural resource survey was conducted on this parcel. No significant historical or cultural sites were identified. The property will be sold without any historical or cultural reservations.
- Please see the disclosure summary and the certificate of sale template document posted at the bottom of this page for general disclosures which apply to all parcels being offered for sale at this auction.
- All mineral rights will be reserved.
- The sand and gravel on the parcel will be subject to a royalty provision if sold commercially.
- The following comments were submitted from the Utah Geological Survey: “Potential geologic hazards in the area that could affect the parcels include landslides and landslide-prone geologic units, rockfall, stream flooding, flash flooding/debris flow, problem soils and/or bedrock including shrink/swell and/or collapsible, shallow bedrock, and indoor radon potential. Prospective buyers should be aware of the potential hazards so they can be addressed in a manner appropriate to the intended use of the property. UGS has general geologic hazard information available at its offices and online at
- The property will be conveyed subject to all valid existing rights.