Monroe Canyon (C-27151)
What are trust lands?
Trust lands are parcels of land granted by Congress to Utah at statehood to support specific beneficiaries, including public schools, universities, hospitals, and reservoirs. Trust lands are not public lands, but are generally open for public use, when possible. Trust lands were allocated specifically to generate revenue to support our beneficiaries. SITLA currently manages 3.4 million surface acres on behalf of our beneficiaries.
ONLINE BIDDING INFORMATION:
Bid Start Time for this Parcel: November 8, 2023, Time TBD
Bid End Time for this Parcel: November 14, 2023, Time TBD
- To register as a bidder or to place a bid, please see box to the right.
The closing costs are in addition to the 10% down payment. All closing costs are due from the prevailing bidder at the auction and cannot be financed.
|Cultural Resources Survey:
|Legal Advertising Cost:
|Sale Processing Charge:
|TOTAL CLOSING COSTS:
The net proceeds from the sale of this property will be deposited into the permanent fund for the beneficiary of Miners Hospital.
Township 25 South, Range 3 West, SLB&M
Section 22: NE4NW4 (portion north and east of East Monroe Canyon Road)
This property will be surveyed and may be divided into several parcels before the auction occurs.
This property is located in the town of Monroe in Sevier County. Monroe Canyon Road runs southeast along the southern border of the property. Along the north border of the property is 800 South.
Access is from paved city roads within the city limits of Monroe.
The property is reasonably flat and is a triangular shape. Vegetation consists of small shrubs and grasses.
14.00 acres, more or less
No water rights will be conveyed with this property. Interested parties should contact Monroe City about the possibility of connecting to city water resources.
All utilities are available from the city of Monroe.
FRZ – 1 Flood Zone Prone (minimum lot size is 2 acres)
Financing will be offered for this parcel at a variable interest rate of prime plus 2.5% or 7.5%, whichever is greater. A down payment of 10% and closing costs will be due at the auction. The remaining balance can be financed for up to a 20 year term.
Mineral Lease Encumbrances:
Surface Lease Encumbrances:
- Several culinary water lines for Monroe City run through the property (see map). An easement will be issued for these lines.
Cultural Resource Covenant:
A cultural resource survey will be conducted on this parcel. The property will be sold with reservations for any significant historical or cultural sites which are identified.
- Please see the disclosure summary and the certificate of sale template document for general disclosures which apply to all parcels being offered for sale at this auction.
- All mineral rights will be reserved.
- The sand and gravel on the parcel will be subject to a royalty provision if sold commercially.
- This property is located in a zone 3 well protection zone. A conditional use permit will be required, along with a specially engineered septic system.
- The property will be conveyed subject to all valid existing rights.