Off-Highway Vehicle Use
Responsible OHV use is allowed on most trust lands throughout the state. To protect your riding privileges, follow these rules:
- Travel only on routes designated as “open” pursuant to agency rules.
- Cross-county travel is NOT allowed on trust lands, with the exception of over-snow vehicles.
- Cross-county travel by over-snow vehicles is allowed provided that adequate snow cover exists (typically 12″ or more) to prevent resource degradation.
- Respect posted width designations, date and time restrictions, or other restrictions which may be in effect for an area.
- BE SAFE. Wear a helmet and other protective gear. Know the capabilities of yourself and your equipment.
- Leave gates as you find them.
- Respect others and don’t harass wildlife or livestock.
- Avoid wet conditions and wheel-spin to prevent soil erosion.
- Obey the law. Contact the Utah Division of State Parks & Recreation for information on Utah’s OHV laws.
Please see a complete list of prohibited and restricted uses on trust lands.
Find additional information about motorized vehicle use on trust lands.
LaSal Mountain Travel Management Plan – Click here for more information about this trail system, which was developed by the Trust Lands Administration.