Off-Highway Vehicle Use
Responsible OHV use is welcomed on most trust lands throughout the state. In order to protect your privilege to ride on trust lands, we ask that you adhere to the following:
- Travel only on routes which have been designated as “open” pursuant to agency rules.
- Cross-county travel is NOT allowed on trust lands, with the exception of over-snow vehicles.
- Cross-county travel by over-snow vehicles is allowed provided that adequate snow cover exists (typically 12″ or more) exists to prevent resource degradation.
- Respect posted width designations, date & time restrictions, or other restrictions which may be in effect for an area.
- BE SAFE. Wear a helmet and other protective gear. Know the capabilities of yourself and your equipment.
- Leave gates as you found them.
- Respect others and don’t harass wildlife or livestock.
- Avoid wet conditions and wheel-spin to prevent soil erosion.
- Obey the law. Contact the Utah Division of State Parks & Recreation for information on Utah’s OHV laws.